Friday, August 14, 2015

HOW THE HECK DO I FIX THIS?: Making a Battle Plan

It's week two of my HOW THE HECK DO I FIX THIS? revision series, and today I'm talking about making a battle plan (i.e. figuring out how you're going to fix all of those problems you just wrote down). You can watch the video here:



In it, I talk about streamlining problems, and give lots of suggestions for ways to fix character, plot, and setting issues. This is the really fun part of revisions, so go crazy! TRY ANYTHING. In this stage, nothing is permanent. Write down a brief summary of your scenes and shuffle them around, take some out, kill that character you hate. See what your book would look like if you made big changes. I can guarantee you'll find something that will stick.

And, here are those links links! Hopefully with these you can learn as much as possible and--if my methods don't seem like a good fit for you--find some new revision ideas that will make your manuscript the best it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment