Thursday, July 23, 2015

10k Tuesday

In case you missed it, Erin and I vlogged over on the NaNoWriMo channel:


We talked about writing when you don't want to, and at the end I mentioned that one of the things that really motivates me is telling people my word count goals. And I figured I should practice what I preach, so last week I set a goal. And then I told everyone on the internet and in my life that goal.

And then I spent a day or so wondering why I had done that.

Because I told them I would be doing a 10k Tuesday. I'd seen people talk about it on Twitter, and I had written 10k in a day one other time, so of course I could do it again.

So I sat down on Tuesday, and ran word sprints on the WordNerds twitter account for hours. Most of the time no one was actually there participating so that was a little weird... But it was so fun when there were people writing alongside me! And the writing was awesome too! I was at a point in my story where I could feel myself wanting to procrastinate, because I knew where the next few scenes were going, but beyond that I have no clue.

10k YAY
But pushing through and getting to the point I was afraid of reaching has helped, I think. Of course, I'm not completely sure what is going to happen next, but it seems less terrifying when I'm staring it down. I love all of the scenes I wrote during my 10k Tuesday, and so I know I'm not going to abandon these characters. There's no place to go now but forward!

How is your Camp NaNoWriMo going? I'm still a little behind, but I'm feeling good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment