Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ready. Set. WRITE!

So I'm giving something a try for the first time this year, and I am pretty stoked. Here's the description of it from the website:

Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing.

Hopefully this will be just the kick I need to finish up that pesky WiP that I am SO CLOSE to having finished! I'm 15 scenes away from having a complete draft that I am really proud of... Fifteen crazy, thrilling scenes.

Technically RSW be doing check-ins on Mondays, so I am two days behind on this one-- but that's okay, because this week is just goal setting! I have a handful of goals for my summer:
  1. Finish draft one of Patchwork by June 21st.
  2. Finish first round of revisions for Patchwork by August 2nd.
  3. Send Patchwork to CPs and betas and revise accordingly (less of a set date for this one, since I'm a little at their mercy at that point... And I think RSW's definition of summer is over, too).
*wipes sweat from brow*
This is going to be a busy summer, to say the least. But I have written so much and am still so in love with this story, so that's a good sign, right? I'm not being overly optimistic, right?

Either way, I'm hoping having dates and weekly check-ins will help keep me on track and keep that enthusiasm high as the summer starts. And y'all should participate too! Head on over to the website I linked above, and collect one of their AMAZING buttons, and let me know how it's going for you! I'll be doing the weekly check-ins on Mondays, where participants will be discussing these five topics: 
  1. How I did on last week’s goals
  2. My goal(s) for this week
  3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
  4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
  5. Something I love about my WiP

No comments:

Post a Comment