Wednesday, May 21, 2014

That One Time I GOT A JOB.

Well, it finally happened. And I've been nervous to do a post on it, because I don't want to jinx it. But I had my first day yesterday, and I'm on the payroll, so I'm pretty sure it is official... I HAVE A JOB. And it happened when I was least prepared for it.

I also found fellow
WordNerd Emma!
I was on vacation in Utah, visiting my Alma Mater and seeing a former roommate get married (because it wouldn't be Utah without a wedding!) and visiting all of the amazing friends we left behind when we moved to California. While I was at the wedding reception, I was talking with the leader of the church congregation that I attended for most of my college years, telling him about how difficult it has been coming to CA and not being able to find a job and basically feeling a little bum-like (even though it's been great for my writing). He then told me that he knew a guy who did some things I might be interested in, and could call and see if he was looking to hire anyone, and would I be interested in that?

So I looked up and pretended to be thinking about it, trying to appear like I was keeping my cool when really I just wanted to scream YES immediately. "Yeah, that would be great if you could look into that," I said. Because I'm cool. I'm cool. I'm not going to ASFDKHSDGIU over a job that's not already offered to me, because I've seen how that goes in the long run. (HINT: It sucks.)

But the next day, I was on the phone with the creator of the group. That day, he offered me the job. And guys, it is perfect for me. It's basically a dream job.

I'm going to be working with Kids Learning Video, a successful YouTube channel that creates educational videos for kids around 2-8 years old. I'll be doing video editing primarily, but I'll also be helping a little in coming up with new ideas, and I'll be doing the translation and audio work for their new series of French videos.

AHHHHHHHH.

I am in love. And I don't even know what else I can say about it, except that this was so worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment