Monday, February 17, 2014

THESE BROKEN STARS: My Reading Journey in GIFs

So this week I read These Broken Stars by Amie Kauffman and Meagan Spooner. It was an amazing read, that had my emotions all over the place! Here's the description of the book, as found on Goodreads:
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 
Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help. 
Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?...
I cannot recommend this book enough to anyone looking for a great romance that takes place in a rich sci-fi world! So, here's my (spoiler free!) reading experience:

1. Pretty excited. Heard good things about this book. In need of a great romance novel.
2. Pretty dresses? I'm sold.


3. OH GOSH NO. HEAD FOR THE ESCAPE PODS. Why isn't anyone listening to me? How can they ignore their imminent death? DIDN'T THEY READ THE BOOK BLURB???
(Pardon his language...)

4. Long trek... But you know they secretly love each other from the start. OBVIOUSLY.

5. Am I really getting this creeped out by (what I was expecting to be) just a romance novel? 

6. Then there's all that walking, and things are happening, and tension is building, and sexiness, and...


7. And then there's that house that they have to break into and that thing happens, and I was simultaneously like:
and  and 

8. Then I started to feel a little foolish for getting so worked up...

9. But then THAT ENDING.

Convinced yet? Seriously, go buy a copy! It is so worth the read.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVED These Broken Stars more then I ever thought I would.
    I just bought it on a whim because it had some great reviews and the poublishing crawl gals were all up over it.
    And then I started to read it and I was like ZOMG, why didn't I pre-order this and read it at midnight because it's amazing. Loved the characters and the interactions and everything. <3

    ReplyDelete