Saturday, January 4, 2014

Obligatory New Year's Blog Post

Guys. It is 2014.

Where did 2013 go???

I graduated last year.

Two years ago I decided I wanted to write something worth publishing.

This year, I will begin the querying process.

Even though this year started off with a fizzle-- my laptop crashed, permanently taking with it the 30,000 word WiP I thought I had backed up but actually hadn't-- I can't wait to see what amazing things are in store. Things can only go up, right? I can't help but feel like this is God's way of telling me, "This time you are going to revise now, instead of pushing through that 15,000 word rough patch that you were just going to rewrite anyway." Maybe this means good things for that work in progress.

Hopefully I will get an agent this year, but even if I don't I am so thrilled to be where I am right now. I have made some amazing friends through the Word Nerds vlog, the kind of writing friends I always felt jealous of other people for having. Three years ago, I was bouncing from major-to-major, liking a lot of things but never loving anything, never realizing that what I loved was right in front of me the whole time. Writing makes me excited every day.

Even though the New Year is a time for looking forward, I can't help but look back at all the wonderful things that have come from the last few years.

Here's to a 2014 full of excitement (and no computer crashes!) for all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment