Sometimes you have to break open a window.
I tested the waters with vlogging shortly after moving to California, and absolutely loved it. It was so fun building a fort out of books to record from, and acting like a crazy person in front of a camera, and sharing it on YouTube and actually getting some nice comments! I knew that I wanted to continue with this vlogging thing no matter what else life threw at me. It's something I have the potential to be good at, and it's a great way to make friends (which, as we all know, I'm in desperate need of)!
And that is why I am SO SO excited to share this news with you.
So often since moving here, it's felt like door after door has closed on me. I have now applied to dozens of jobs, with only two rejection emails and zero phone calls to show for it. I haven't met anyone who is anywhere close to my age, and I didn't make the cut for something that I had auditioned for. So I should give up, right? Right? Trying for a few weeks is good enough.
I was approached by the lovely Kellie Sheridan, who liked my video (and who also has her own awesome vlogs!), about joining a hot-off-the-webcam group of readers and writers who are starting a YouTube channel about YA lit. These girls are amazing! We have been working hard over the last few weeks to get everything put together, and I can't wait for y'all to see what we've got going. There will be a new YouTube video every day on our channel, based on a theme for each of those days. The themes will be as follows:
- Monday- Ink Slinging (Writing life/advice)
- Tuesday- Reader's Nook (Book recommendations)
- Wednesday- Word Play (Fave/newly learned words or inspirational quotes)
- Thursday- The Circulation Desk (The publishing industry)
- Friday- Inspiration Corner (Things that inspire our writing)
- Saturday- Vlogger's Choice (Where we get to do whatever we want... MUAHAHAHA)
- Sunday- The Sunday Special (random things like: a book club once a month, discussions or interviews with other writers... Basically anything that’s not a traditional vlog!)
There are six of us, and we will rotate days each week and collaborate on Sundays. We're starting THIS Monday, September 30th! You'll get to see us be silly, talk about our passions, and every now and then things will get REAL. So definitely check out our debut video, and like and share if you want to see more!
You can also follow us on Twitter! @YAWordNerds