Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Things are HARD.


So I just moved to California.

I grew up in the South, and went to college in a relatively small town, at a Christian school. I had amazing friends, both back home and in college, but I have no one here.

That should be a writer's dream, right? Right? I can ALWAYS write! That's what I tell myself.

Except for I'm not an introvert. For me, I am more creative when I can get out of the house and see real live humans and maybe even communicate with those humans. But here in California, where I am farther West than anyone in my family has ever lived, where I know absolutely no one and have no real way of meeting anyone, it is a lot harder to keep the uplifting blog posts and tweets and outlooks coming.

I know what my MC would do... But that's not really relevant because I made her up. No matter how real she might feel, or how much she might argue with me sometimes.

I don't know the solution yet. I just keep applying to jobs and taking advantage of social media, in hopes that that will give me what I need for now. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. But for now, it's hard- maybe picture Bridget Jones singing "All By Myself" and imagine that is me? Because that's surprisingly accurate.

On a more trying-to-keep-it-positive note: I am making homemade Cafe Rio salads tomorrow... YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment